Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I always like to use the period excuse, especially when it is the twelfth month of disappointment, to eat as much chocolate as I like.  Today I had a most amazing mini chocolate bar. While it was cute and small, it packed a huge punch.  Lake Champlain Chocolates' Five Star Hazelnut Chocolate Bar.  Not only was the base chocolate flavorful perfection, but it contained a half inch of gooey pasty milk chocolate topped with more solid chocolate and hazelnuts.  Definitely made my day.

Because of my 33.3333% success rate at New Year's Resolutions last year, my 2012 resolutions are easy - drink more and always wear a seatbelt (both incredibly easy to accomplish especially since I have never not worn my seat belt).  But really, my resolution is to live my life more like a dog.  The cutest black lab mix in the world, my darling Clara, is a model of carpe diem.  Despite eating the same dry balls of meat substance every single day, to Clara, every last piece of kibble is like eating the most amazing dish at a five star restaurant.  Even the shortest walk to Clara is not just a walk, but the most exciting day of her life; oh all the wonderful things to smell!  The other day my friend gave Clara the tiniest bite of roast chicken, and as she gulped it down, I could tell it was the best, THE BEST, moment of her life.  That is until the next best moment of her life.  The great things about dogs is that almost every moment of the day is the BEST moment of their lives.  Oh, to live more like a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment